6.11.2013

Roasted Chickpeas


Yummy scrummy roasted chickpeas. I have been dying to make these since I saw them on pinterest (I'm slightly obsessed with 'pinning' at the moment). Finally, whilst I was in Valencia, Laura and I finally gave it a go.  These were so easy to make and were so delicious.


I n g r e d i e n t s: 
2 cans of chickpeas
olive oil
Spice of your choice (Laura and I used 7 Thai Spice)

(please excuse the burn little chap on the top)

D o:
1) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. 
2) Drain water from your can of chickpeas and place in a bowl.
3) Drizzle some olive oil (or oil of your choice) on the chickpeas and coat the chickpeas in the oil.
4) Shake in your chosen spice and coat well.  (I have also head cinnamon and honey is a nice option)
5) Place a large sheet of tin foil on a tray (this is so after roasting, you can just scrunch up the foil and have little or no washing up). Put chickpeas on your tray.
6) Bake chickpeas for 30 minutes; check on them- maybe give them a little shake- then, if needed, bake for a further 10-20 minutes. The time depends on how good your oven is.
7) Take out and cool.
8) Enjoy your chickpeas.