My lovely foodie friend from Kent, Lis (right) , came to stay with me at the beginning of this week. Both with a love of food, Lis being a vegetarian and myself being a health freak we got talking about different recipes and what we want to try and make.
Both of us are never fond of following a recipe, we followed Lis's foodie instinct and chucked all of the ingredients in the Magi Mix (a wonderful blender) in the hope to create something what of a Tofu Oat Cake. Here is a rough guide of what we did chuck into that Magi Mixer of mine... (/my mothers).
Tofu Oat Cakes
Tbs All Spice
50g Oat bran
20g Almond Meal
3 Tbs Flaxseed
1Tbs Baking Powder
2Tbs Maple Syrup
20g Large Rolled Oats
50g Sunflower Seeds
1) Whizz all ingredients together
2) Add Rolled Oats and Sunflower Seeds and ix in
3) Dollop mixture onto Baking Sheet
4) Place in Oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
5) Take out after golden brown and set and leave to cool.
6) Serve with Natural Fat Free Yogurt, Honey and Blueberries... Or whatever you fancy really.
Below is a picture of our mixture dolloped onto the parchment before cooking.
Below is a picture of them cooked.
And here is the end result!!
The Tofu cakes were scrum-didily-umtious for the foodie who does not have a big sweet tooth. I suggest eating you tofu cake (if you dare try the recipe) with honey or something sweet like a banana just to give you that extra sweetness. The picture above is served with bluebs, honey and Total Greek 0% Yoghurt.