9.02.2012

Fashion Night Out App

Ever since I found out about FNO (Fashion Night Out) a couple of years ago, I have been dying to go. For whatever reasons, I have never been able to go.  This year I am making it my absolute mission to experience this great night of fashion.  I have even asked for special permission to be let off from my work shift in order to go.  I did tell you I am desperate.

So if you have no idea what this momentous occasion is, I will let you know that this night is celebrated by capitals all over the world, all on the same night, with shops staying open late and entertaining the fashion obsessed.  Celebrities,  designers,  editors,  models,  bloggers,  journalists and the average joe like myself all take to the shops to experience the activities that each shop deicide to entertain their guests with.  FNO originally started in the fashion capital of New York but has since spread like wild fire to other cities in the wake of 'the big apple's' success.  FNO is not just raising the profile of the fashion industry but is also raising awareness for selected charities.  The cheesy YouTub video below is promoting the night and also the NYC chosen Aids charity. London are supporting the Charity Refuge. 



Vogue (the primary host of FNO) has created a google maps app which allows you to plan your evening.  The app has a list of shops taking part pinned out on the map.  The app can filter out the shops and experiences according to the type of entertainment going on (i.e. live music, free drinks, free food, competitions, etc.).  As there are literally hundreds of things all going on at once, having a rough idea of where you want to head is important.  



The four shops which are on my personal list are: 

Who? Anya Hindmarch
Where? Bond Street
Why? I am an Anya follower.  I want to check out the shop and her gear but there is also the chance to take part in a competition to win a Marano Disco clutch. Keeping my fingers crossed there. 

Who? Jo Malone
Where? 23 Brook Street
Why? Jo is turning her Brook St. boutique into the British countryside for the launch of her new fragrance called Blackberry and Bay. There will be live music and refreshments to compliment the new fragrance. 

Who? Kurt Geiger
Where? 65 South Molton Street
Why? With 25% off in store, free champagne, live music and the chance to have a free WAH nails manicure if you spend over £50, I definitely want to check the shoes out. 

Who? Anthropologie
Where? Regent Street
Why? Anthropologie is just one of those really inspiring shops. It is arty. Their shops are designed in the way that makes you want to buy the whole shop of brightly coloured clothes and home-ware, and redo your own bedroom.  Moreover on the night there will be flowing drinks, live music, 20% off and also the chance to create and paint your own silk scarf- I told you it was arty!





Who else is starting to get really excited?  Im not counting....


Follow FNO on Twitter