9.09.2012

Fashion Night Out


About:  Fashion Night Out is a world-wide event where shops, designers, magazine editors, bloggers, and fashion fanatics get together in the fashion capitals to celebrate Fashion in the cause of charity.  London's chosen charity this year was for Refuge- a charity helping those who have become victim to domestic violence.  The sponsor Vogue asked the shops to stay open late and entertain the crowds. Shops offered discounts, drinks, music, celebrities- the whole shi-bang!



Atmosphere: Absolutely buzzing!! The streets were filled with fashion bloggers dressed up to the nines with their handy nikon camera's hanging off their shoulders and their sunglasses firmly on; fashion fanatics wildly darting around the place looking for where the free champagne was flowing from; designers and celebrities strolling onto the VIP red carpet outside Michael Kors.


Who I went with: My mum and my friend Phil.


Me with the Jamin Puech owl- bag

The photo-booth in Anya Hindmarch




Yayoi Kusama window for Louis Vuitton


Lulu Guinness's iconic lips clutch


DJ at Jo Malone


Me at Jo Malone


Where I went: We started at Fenwicks where I found a gorgeous (albeit expensive) Owl bag by Jamin Puech. The first shop that we went into that was offering an experience was Anya Hindmarch on Bond Street. Here we got to take part in their competition to win a flashing LED light clutch. The competition involved a photo-shoot with the flashing clutch. We also took a stroll to Lulu Guinness's shop, to Louis Vuitton with their collaboration with dotty Yayoi Kusama and to Jo Malone with their launch of the Blackberry and Bay fragrance.


What I bought:  KG Lucca studded Trainer shoes.  The Kurt Geiger shop was offering champagne, a DJ, WAH nails for those who had purchased some shoes and 25% discount in the store. As I have had my eye on the Lucca shoe for a long time now- I couldn't resist the chance to bag them at a lower price!  Unfortunately I didn't manage to get my nails done. 



What I wore: A white a-line skirt from Topshop, with a vintage cropped wrap cardigan, Whistles black leather booties, heart sunglasses from Urban Outfitters and my Anya Hindmarch bag. 

Highlights: Seeing Henry Holland chilling outside Burberry on Bond Street
Diesel's Bond street store offering popcorn, ice cream, champagne, G&T's whilst a DJ spun the decks and the customer got to choose which Diesel cut jeans they would like to win in their FNO competition.